VACANCY ‘STRATEGIC MONEY MAKER’
(c) picture by Youssef Moukil
STRATEGIC MONEY MAKER
full-time contract* of undetermined duration
Who are we?
Globe Aroma is an artistic working and meeting place that offers space, time and a network to artists from newcomer backgrounds.
Who are you?
You go through life as a creative strategist with a social heart. You are eager to help shape our promising multi-year management: how can we ensure together that from a stable organizational structure we can offer the best possible support to our growing artistic community and achieve our dream (including acquiring our own infrastructure)? You are a business-financial storyteller who innovatively creates the framework that enables artistic activism, social impact, civil imagination, shared ownership, empowerment & creative experimentation. You like to drop expensive talk that can be easily converted into numbers (€€€).
What does this mean?
YOU HAVE A STRATEGIC MIND
- You transform our plans into clear files.
- You follow up on our subsidy planning, look for new funding opportunities, coordinate file settlements.
- You develop a strategy on sponsorship, donations,… .
- You support the financing plan for the purchase of our infrastructure.
YOU’RE GOOD WITH PEOPLE
- You find the right contract form and reimbursement method for the artists in our community and you are able to explain this clearly to them.
- You answer overall personnel administrative questions (work hours, hires, contracts).
YOU CREATE AN ADMINISTRATIVE WORKFLOW
- You prepare invoices and make payments.
- You prepare pre-accounting and manage the accountant (through Kaaitheater).
- You track collaborations (including sales artistic performances) financially.
- You monitor liquidity/cash flow plans.
YOU SUPPORT THE ORGANIZATION
- knowledge management (streamline database & archive)
- follow up on legislation
What are we looking for in a new colleague?
- You are eager to learn a lot and experiment in your role as a money maker.
- You like to process content into numbers, and vice versa, you like to translate numbers into an inspiring story.
- You can work logically, in a structured and result-oriented manner and respect deadlines.
- You like orderly financial statements, updated bank and cash ledgers, etc. You have attention to detail and precision in the doing so.
- You have basic knowledge of (double) accounting..
- You are interested in helping to brainstorm ways to optimize the administrative and financial management of the organization.
- You take initiative, work independently and are eager to learn. You actively seek out the necessary information and know how to report correctly.
- You can communicate clearly about financial processes, employment forms,…
- You can juggle and prioritize several tasks at once.
- You are a networker and persuasive speaker.
- You are flexible and stress-resistant.
- You speak and write fluently in Dutch, but also have good knowledge of French and English.
What can we offer?
- *Full-time contract of undetermined duration (⅘ negotiable). The workload varies throughout the year depending on the program and within the terms of Joint Committee 329.01.
- Work from home one day a week is possible.
- A salary according to scales in PC 329.01, adapted to your knowledge and experience.
- End-of-year bonus
- 100% reimbursement for public transportation commuting or bicycle reimbursement
- Rapid recruitment
- The opportunity to take training courses
- A unique opportunity to gain experience in an exciting and international workplace in Brussels.
How to apply?
Apply by sending your motivated candidacy and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org until Wednesday, January 25, 2023. Selected candidates will be notified by email on January 27 and will receive an invitation for an interview. During this interview we will ask you to prepare an assignment. The selection interviews will take place on January 30 and 31, 2023.
This position is open to everyone. Globe Aroma recruits based on vision & approach, no matter gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, age or disability.