A Love Letter to a Caring Community
Dearest artists, visitors and solidary network of Globe Aroma,
Due to the Coronavirus, we decided to make some changes in our planning, in order to ensure everybody’s health while visiting Globe Aroma or taking part in our activities.
Epidemics such as corona ask of us to not only think about the ones we know, but also the ones we don’t know (and particularly those in poor health). Since there’s no clear remedy or vaccine yet, limiting physical contact is the only solution.
We’re trying to approach this Corona outbreak as concerned members of a community. This decision is taken out of love and care, not out of fear.
We understand that this might make some of us sad or worried, but this situation can also lead to more intensive solidarity. Social distancing does not mean social isolation. Let’s respect a set of simple rules and at the same time find alternative ways to cooperate and be together (see further in this letter how we’ll try to do that).
All activities from Saturday (14/03) onwards were cancelled or postponed. We evaluate the evolutions of this Corona outbreak every week. Recent information provided by the Belgian government can be found here: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/
Our workspace will be accessible from September 2020 onwards as long as we feel we can offer a safe space. Please consider all the measures of hygiene when you are using our common spaces:
- When you arrive, the first thing to do is to wash your hands with soap.
- Try not to give hands, hugs or kisses.
- Wear a mouth mask as much as possible inside our space. (If you don’t have one yourself, just ask! We have plenty.)
- Keep 1.5 distance between yourself and other people.
- If you’re in need hand sanitizer, ask the colleagues of Globe Aroma.
- Use paper wipes to blow your nose and throw it away afterwards.
- Do not hug or give kisses, although it’s one of the hardest things to not do. Let’s try to find a way to express our friendship in a different way.
- Keep a distance or at least 1 metre between you and the next person.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, try to do it in your elbow pit.
- If you feel unwell, particularly if you have a fever, please stay in bed.
- If you feel your situation is getting worse, call your doctor or the hospital, inform them about your situation and they will tell you what to do.
- If you do not have access to health care let us know. No one should be alone and isolated. We’ll try to figure something out. (It’s all new to us, so we’re responding in an experimental way.)
BEING TOGETHER IN SOLIDARITY
We organised during quarantine an anti-dote to loneliness & self isolation. We did so via massive video chats.
Do not hesitate to connect with us through facebook, mail, whatsapp or other channels.
- Please send a Facebook friend request to Brecht Globe Aroma, Elli Vassalou, Samira Globe Aroma, Heleen Debeuckelaere, An Vandermeulen.
- Please mail us via info@globearoma.
- Please call us via 0496 10 86 57 (mobile) or 02 511 21 10.