Poetik Riots Workshop
Globe Aroma hosts “Poetik Riots Workshop” every Thursday night.
#creative writing workshop #poetry
This poetry writing workshop is an invitation to come together to appropriate writing and to deploy our imaginations.
Breaking away from the news, we consider this moment as a breathing space. In a convivial setting, this space allows us to give birth to words that have remained deep in our guts for too long. Transforming anger, joy, sadness and tenderness into poems becomes a liberation.
No prior knowledge or practice of writing is expected, only curiosity and open-mindedness are welcome. Shy or outgoing, welcome!
This workshop is designed for women-x. It takes place in English and French (each woman writes in her However, everyone writes in the language of their choice: Arabic, Farsi, Lingala, Flemish, Italian, Ukrainian, Spanish, Swahili, Portuguese etc.) within an anti-racist, feminist, decolonial, ecological and intersectional framework. intersectional.
“For women, therefore, poetry is not a luxury. It is a vital necessity of our existence. It forms the quality of light in which we preach our hopes and dreams of survival and change, of dreams of survival and change, first transformed into language, then into ideas, then into more tangible actions. Poetry is the means by which we help to give a name to the unnameable the unspeakable so that it can be thought. The most distant outer horizons of our hopes and fears and fears are cobbled together by our poems, carved out of the rock of our daily.” Audre Lorde
At the end of the writing workshops, we plan to produce a collective publication in the form of a collection of poetic texts.
- When will it take place? This workshop currently takes place on Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Where? Globaroma: Rue de la Braie 26, 1000 Brussels
- How to get there? Free
- More info here
- Workshop facilitation: Luce Goutelle
- Coordination & communication assistance: Nadine Farah Naffah
- Illustration : Atiaf Alwazir
- Production : Looops (within the framework of the project Métamorphoses supported by the FWB)
- Support & Partners : Globaroma, The Kitchen, Lagrange Points and Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles