Poetik Riots Workshop
Globe Aroma hosts “Poetik Riots Workshop” every Thursday night. #creative writing workshop #poetry
This poetic writing workshop is an invitation to come together to embrace writing and to unfold our imaginations.
Breaking away from the noise, we see this moment as a breather. In a friendly environment, this space allows words that have sat too long in the depths of the belly to be born. Turning anger, joy, sadness and tenderness into poems becomes a liberation.
No prior knowledge or practice of writing is expected, only curiosity and open-mindedness are welcome. Shy or outgoing, you are welcome!
This workshop is intended for women-x. It takes place in English and French (although everyone writes in their own language: Arabic, Farsi, Lingala, Flemish, Italian, Ukrainian, Spanish, Swahili, Portuguese, etc.) all within an anti-racist, feminist, decolonial, ecological and intersectional environment.
“For women, poetry is not a luxury. It is a vital necessity of our existence. It forms the quality of light in which we predict our hopes and dreams of survival and change, first transformed into language, then into ideas, then into more tangible actions.
Poetry is the way in which we help give a name to the unspeakable so that it can be thought. The furthest outer horizons of our hopes and fears are constructed by our poems, carved out of the rock of our everyday experiences.” Audre Lorde
At the end of the writing workshops, we plan on producing a collective publication in the form of a collection of poetic texts.
- When will it take place? This workshop currently takes place on Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Where? Globe Aroma: Rue de la Braie 26, 1000 Brussels
- Price? Free
- More info here
- Workshop facilitation: Luce Goutelle
- Coordination & communication assistance: Nadine Farah Naffah
- Illustration : Atiaf Alwazir
- Production : Looops (within the framework of the project Métamorphoses supported by the FWB)
- Support & Partners : Globe Aroma, The Kitchen, Lagrange Points and Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles